Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Infirmary

This week has been the pits! First Hallie got sick. Then Hannah, and now Zane. We're dropping like flies over here. High fever lasting several days which may or may not be accompanied by a sore throat and dry cough. I took Hallie to the doctor Tuesday with the fear of swine-flu in the back of my head, though her symptoms didn't totally match up with the dreaded disease. She was tested for strep. Prognosis: Negative. Then she was tested for the flu. Prognosis: Positive for strain A (?). Don't really know what that means, other than she's sick. She's missed school everyday this week so far. That means she has missed volleyball practice everyday, too. Next week I'm taking the entire week off from piano lessons because she has 3 games and I wanted to go to all of them. Don't know how much playing time she'll get having not practiced all this week. Drat!!! If she ends up not playing I'll be mad!

We're supposed to host "Family First-Sunday Dinner" over here Sunday. Hopefully we won't all be sick. We're planning on Navajo Tacos. Yum!

It's really dragging me down seeing people lay around on the couches all day for days and days. That's my spot! I haven't been able to watch any of my shows during the day because I've got 2 young adults watching PBS. Sheesh!

I have been working on my Wednesday project from last week, but not as fast as I wished. And now I'm running out of paint. Didn't realize I would need so many coats.

Let's see. What else can I complain about? Just kidding.

I'll stop.

For now.

Hope your life's funner than mine right now.

2 comments:

Anzini-Panini said...

Aah!!! I figured that someone in nursery gave my kid the flu...hmmmm what class is Zane in again? he he!!! I hope you get better!

PS: strain A is the common yearly flu. :)

Gardner Family said...

Your kid got it too? Yipes! Hope no one else gets it.