
Since Violet has been born, Zane has been doing his best to adjust.
The first week he ignored her.
The second week he tried to bite her.
The third week he tried to scratch her.
The fourth week he was back to ignoring her (Thank heavens. CPS was going to come calling from all the child abuse going on around here.)
The last two weeks he has decided that he is also a baby in need of a bottle, pacifier, and lots of lap time. Several times he has stated "Mom--you have two babies."
That little sneak grabs that pacifier every time we turn around. He holds his blanket up over his mouth so we can't see what he's doing. That's when we know he has it.
I guess I shouldn't be in too much of a hurry for him to grow up.
A little while ago I was upstairs and he was downstairs alone, being way too quiet. When I went down to check on him I found him on the floor asleep with the pacifier in his mouth. And yes, he's in his way-too-small Tigger costume that he wore the last two Halloweens.
I just want to eat him with a spoon, he's so cute. I must remember this moment later on when he's eating shortening out of the can, or spilling water for the gazillionth time today, or drawing on the walls while proudly proclaiming "I'm making art!"
He is after all, still a baby.
4 comments:
Oh Debra...this just cracks me up! We need to compare notes at the end of EVERYDAY...we are living with seperated twins! Bryce is doing all the same silly things....or at least was. He hasn't scratched or bit Paige just loves a little too hard! But when I was trying to get her to like a pacifier...he took it and used it...everytime! Water....same....art...this just started...he decorated a couch in ballpoint while I was nursing....GOOD TIMES!! When are you coming...we need to let these two play!
That is so adorable! Poor little Zaney.
How cute! I am very anxious to see how John does when we have this baby...5 weeks or so left.
That is way too funny! What a little cutie:) Nathan did the same sort of things after Alyssa was born. Now he's just a PROUD BIG BROTHER!
Post a Comment