The first year that American Idol was on I didn't get into it. I thought it was rude to trod on people's dreams with rude remarks. Unacceptable to comment on someone's weight (I still think it is). And the singing wasn't that great, with a few exceptions.
The second year I watched it occasionally. Every year I became a bigger and bigger watcher. The year I enjoyed the most was the "Year of Chris Daughtry".
I voted and rooted and voted again and again for him. He is a cross between my brother Clem and Vin Diesel (yummy! Vin that is--not my bro. Though he's cute, too). I bought his CD, which mysteriously disappeared after getting my car serviced!!! Obviously someone else likes him, too.
When Chris (we're first-name around here) got voted off I swore I'd never love an idol contestant again and vowed to boycott the show. Where was I the following week? On the couch in front of the boob-tube watching that devil show and wishing things were different and that I wasn't missing good ol' Chris. I don't think I voted again that year. Can't even remember who won. Don't care.
Things have never been the same since, though I do watch every week that I can. This year my particular faves, as I have mentioned before, are Danny Gokey (don't think he'll win but I hope he gets second. He'll keep getting both legitimate votes for his singing and sympathy votes for his story) and Adam Lambert (If he can lay off the eye-liner and Beelzebub stares he's as good as gold.) He needs to cater to the older female audience a little more. I don't see many grandmothers voting for him and his emo ways. A few weeks ago he sang a devilish version of "Ring of Fire". I don't care what else anyone says about his image--Dang, he can sing! Last week he cleaned up a bit for Smokey. Even got a standing ovation from him.
Look how nice he looks without the influence of Merle Norman.
I can't wait 'till tonight. Just to see what he sings. And what he does with his blue hair.
Shoot, I need to go. Zane just walked up the stairs all while making a scraping sound. When he emerged at the top he had a pencil in his hand. Dang!!! This whole house needs repainting because of him. That blasted kid.
2 comments:
Amen, sister. I got into Idol the Jordan Sparks year, but this is the first year I've watched it from the beginning. I LOVE Adam Lambert! I even loved Ring of Fire, and wake up singing it every morning. Wierd. I like Danny too. Personally, I don't think it matters if Adam wins, because he will get a contract at this point (maybe a better one than AI will give) so, he might as well let someone else win :)
I like Adam and than Danny. I didn't like Adam at first but after he did the Michael Jackson I was hooked...
Post a Comment