Friday, October 2, 2009

Flashback Friday

I haven't seen anybody do a "Flashback Friday" for a while. I've never done one due to my scanner being on vacation, but now it's back with a renewed vigor, and I've decided to jump on the "Friday" bandwagon.

I was looking through some old stuff yesterday when I came across some truly grotesque photos. Photos so horrid that they have caused me to seriously question my mother's love for me.

"Why would you question your mother's love for you?" you ask?

I question it because if she truly loved me, why would she let me out of the house in this get-up?!!!

(cue laughter)

Mullet: check

Neon yellow hairbow: check

Grey Jellies: check

Aviator Glasses (also known as Fly Eyes): check

Hideous black and gold sparkle striped (?!?!?) socks: check

It must have been the mid-Eighties. Yipes, and yipes yet again! I must have been about 10. Please tell me that's before the age of Fashion Accountability.

(shudder)

I always tease Curtis that as a youth he was too dorky for me and I would have never dated him, but who's the dorky one now? I make his O.P. shorts, cropped hair, and Izod shirt look cool.

Mama---tell me that you do love me. And that you tried (obviously in vain) to stop me from wearing those socks with those shoes.

And will someone else post something on "Fridays"? This bandwagon is feeling very lonely.

Coming up tonight: Date with my hubby to see "The Invention of Lying". Love, with a capital 'L', Ricky Gervais. Wish he were part of my family so I could bust-a-gut up at every get-together.

What to wear...I might be able to find my old parachute pants!!!

Have a good weekend.

7 comments:

Kenna said...

Awesome post! I love it! We all have pictures like that. I am going to have to dig them out so I can join the bandwagon.

Jennifer said...

That's hilarious! You were very fashionable. If I had a scanner I could participate. Actually, I couldn't participate well, because my mom NEVER took pictures. .
I hope everyone is feeling better at your house.

Stacy said...

Love it! You made me laugh Deb! Those crazy 80's, I remember jelly shoes, bracelets, hip belts, hammer pants. Seriously scary stuff.

Charlene said...

Thanks Debra I needed a good laugh. If my scanner was cooperating I would jump on the bandwagon because I have some very scary pics :)

Amy O'Neill said...

Ha! Awesome picture! What is funny is half of that stuff is back in style!

I have been a slacker with my flashbacks. I actually forgot all about them! I will have maybe start up again next Friday!

You should totally wear your parachute pants on your date tonight if Curtis wears his OP shorts. :)

Anzini-Panini said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anzini-Panini said...

I'm so jealous! You had the Grey Jellies HEELS??!!