Saturday, October 10, 2009

Annoyed

Lately I seem to be easily annoyed. Well, more easily annoyed than normal. I don't know if it is my hormones trying to get back to normal, but I am seriously a mess. My kids never know who they are going to encounter: Happy Mom, or Mad/Crazy/Rampage Mom. I try to keep myself from certain situations (i.e. entering their messy bedrooms) that would send me over the edge. But sometimes the littlest things will set me off.

This week I've been annoyed by:

~Driving all the way to Buckeye (30 minutes away) for Hallie's volleyball game only to arrive and discover that the location had been changed to our school which is exactly 1 mile from our home! By the time I got to the game she played for about 5 seconds and then didn't play again the rest of the game, which wasn't very long.

~A two year-old that won't stop whining.

~A kitchen that won't stay clean for even 30 seconds after I've spent 1 hour cleaning it.

~A bedroom with an old sheet covering the window, the "Ugly Chair" and a huge telescope in one corner that Curtis refuses to take down because he doesn't want to put it back together for the one night a year that he actually takes the telescope outside to star-gaze.

This coming week I will focus on the positive so as to avoid doing bodily harm to those unfortunate enough to incur my wrath:

~Hallie has had a great time playing volleyball (whether or not I'm there) and has learned some valuable life-lessons.

~A two year old that, when he needs attention, says "I want to hold you mom."

~For the 30 seconds that my kitchen is clean, it looks really good.

~Lastly, I long for the day that my bedroom looks like this:


"Ahhh, sweet mysteries of love,
at last, I've found thee."

2 comments:

hillari said...

I am totally with you on your annoying list! Very good tactic avoiding they're bedrooms. :) Love your bedroom!

Misty Holt said...

It is okay, we all get into moods like this. Some of us stay in them longer than normal, and it is okay. Just remember, don't sweat the small stuff. Love ya! (sometimes I need to take my own advice)