Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Bright Spot

Saturday was the Trunk-Or-Treat. The weather was perfect and the park was beautiful, nestled in the shadow of the White Tanks. It was a wonderful way to end a day that began with such promise but turned into such woe. The minute we stepped out of our car, the chaos of the day melted away.


Violet was cave woman. I couldn't get her stringy strands of hair to look messy though. So she looked like a clean cave woman.




Hallie was a medievel princess (my sister made the dress for my niece to wear to the Renassiance Festival a few years ago). I should have drawn a thin red line around neck. Then she could have been Anne Boleyn.


Grace was a princess (for the 6th year running!). She was so sweet looking.




Hannah was a hippie with a neon flair. Peace, dude!


Zane was a skeleton. Actually we were lucky that he wore a costume at all. He hates wearing clothes he's not used to. He'd wear his monkey pajamas all day if we let him. Hey! (light bulb goes off!) We should have just made him a monkey tail and let him wear those pj's. Dang! Oh well. He kind of liked the skeleton bones, though the only one we could find barely fits him. He won't ever be able to wear it again.


Here's what Curtis looked like after the trip to Wal Mart earlier that day. Just kidding. Mostly. He sure can make himself look haggard. I'm glad he doesn't look like this everyday. He gives me the heebie-jeebies.

By the end of the party Cave Woman had had it! For some reason we had alot of cupckaes left over. Actually, every body had alot of treats left over. So I didn't feel so bad. We also had more than half the chili that we took left over. There was ALOT of food there.


Let the Great Candy Trading Summit of Halloween 2009 begin!


I hope they eat all that candy before they get more on Saturday. Maybe we'll make candy bar cookies and candy bar brownies to pass out to the neighbors. That will use some of it up.

Happy eve of the eve of the eve of Halloween Eve.

3 comments:

hillari said...

Haha, love your ending line. Very cute costumes! Sareny and Finley are going to be renaissance type princesses, but I didn't make them a head thing. They're just going to wear a crown. Oh well. Zane looks so adorable! They all do. Miss you guys!

hillari said...

PS The mutton chops, for the love! They are just so awesome. I don't know how you could possibly resist such a guy.

Bob and Danya said...

I love the candy trading summit! That's hilarious! We totally used to do that! This year all my kids dumped all their candy together. It's been nice. I can take a piece and no one can tell! LOL!