Monday, November 10, 2008

We Are Loved!!!











Sunday morning dawned as any other glorious day in the desert. The weather was promising to be perfect. "The reason we all live here" some would say.




I began the morning ritual of letting the sun shine into the dark cocoon that is our home. Blinds were switched to their "open" position, and curtains were swept aside.




As I opened the living room blinds I was met with a beautiful sight. Ribbons of gleaming white toilet paper strewn from trees and bushes. A veritable wonderland of empty toilet paper rolls.
The first thought to come to my mind, "Wow. We are loved by someone." Curtis came out of the house and declared "It was my guys." By "guys" he meant the Teachers Quorum. We've been shown their love before. Most
recently a headless snake was left right on our doorstep. Shucks! Those guys are too much.
As we collected the toilet paper into a crappy Wal Mart bag Grace kept declaring "It's payback time! Let's get a bunch of bugs and leave 'em at their house! Tonight we're gonna get them back with bugs!!! It's payback time!".
After calming down the little spitfire we carried on with our morning ritual of getting ready for church. Even though we don't have to leave 'till 11:00, we are still always in a last minute rush! As I was hollering for everyone to hurry up there was a knock on the door. It was our sweet neighbor across the street. She was concerned about the "vandalism" at our house. I think she had been worrying about it all night long because she had noticed it the evening before when some guests they had over had been leaving. I explained to her that we knew who had done it.
"A bunch of teen aged boys" I said.
She looked very worried.
"Boys that my husband teaches at church", I clarified, hoping this would make her feel better.
"Those silly boys" she said, still looking a little skeptical.
Off she went and I had to smile. What the world thinks of as a vicious prank, we in the church think of as a wonderful declaration of love and a gesture of friendship.
And free toilet paper.
Thanks, boys!




3 comments:

Bob and Danya said...

Hooray for free toilet paper! Next time tell them to do a proper job and use more rolls! Hahaha! If you can still see the house, you failed! LOL! Have fun with your TP!

hillari said...

I still give my mom a hard time for making us use toilet paper from our yard one time!! haha.

Amy O'Neill said...

Aww! That was nice of them to show their love... hope you get 'em back good! ;) That is hilarious that your neighbor was so concerned!