Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Day Cont.

If you all remember, yesterday I was quite scared about what I would find at the polls. I was shaking in my boots, sweating bullets, crying for my momma, you name it--that was me. I had decided to go at 10:00 because in my vast experience of voting, that has always been the best time. Then I saw that the Arizona Republic printed that the best time to go was 10:00 and 2:00. "Thanks alot" I thought, "Now it's really going to be packed".
I loaded up my bag-of many-wonders ( a really big purse), strapped Zane into his car seat and proceeded to do my civic duty.
It took about 5 minutes to get there.
I unloaded Zane and strapped him into his prison-on-wheels (3 minutes).
Walked to the back of this weird church with lots of little buildings that seemed to have been added as an afterthought and not some grand architectural design (5 minutes).
I was ushered to the short line!?!?!?! (How often does that happen?)
Signed in and was handed my ballot, filled it out and turned it in (5 minutes because I was prepared and had my little cheat sheet).
Weaved my way through the maze of out-houses (that's what they seemed like) and strapped Zane back in (He cried because he thought we were actually going to do something fun. And he didn't get his juice box) 5 minutes.
Drove home (5 minutes)
I was gone for nearly 30 minutes.
Who knew? I guess it pays to live in the sticks!

So I wasn't too tired and emotionally exhausted when dinner time came around and decided to make a "Patriotic Dinner".
Aren't these fries hilarious? I saw them at Bashas' and couldn't pass them up.



Our menu consisted of: American Flag Pizza

McCain Freedom Fries (poor guy)

Red, White and Blue Parfaits

All-American Rootbeer (A&W)


We had a good time until it was cut short when "The Announcement" was made. I loved John McCain's speech. He would have been a great President. Of course, we'll support Obama. He's going to need all the help and support he can get.

On another note, a miracle has occurred. My project for Whimsical Wednesdays is complete. I don't have time to post it right now. I've got to practice the special musical number for Sunday with my cousin. I'll add it later today. Just know that I am really excited about it.

And that I get really excited about silly things sometimes:)

3 comments:

The Dominguez Family said...

I packed a lil back pack for Cy with his drink a snack his gameboy and a book that I could read to him. He did great until we got in the actual building than started crying that he wanted to go home. It was pretty embarrising. The whole thing took us about 45 minutes.

hillari said...

We picked the other good time to go--2! Only I didn't know that was supposed to be a good time. There was no line at all, so it was a pretty good experience. Except the lady was chinzy (sp?) with the "I voted today" stickers. I like going to the polls too!

Amy O'Neill said...

We didn't mail in our ballots in time so we turned them in at the polls and it was dead. So cute, I love your election day themed dinner. The McCain fried are hilarious!