Wednesday, November 19, 2008

How long 'till Zane wants one?

Before unveiling this week's project, I have a few comments about stuff I heard in the news yesterday.
First. There was a study done saying that if you watch 25 hours of t.v. a week you are unhappy. If you watch only 19 hours a week, you are a happy person. Boy, I must be miserable. Why didn't anyone tell me?
Next, it was 88 degrees here yesterday!!! And December is less than 2 weeks away!!!Come on! I really want some hot chocolate but I don't think I should need anti-perspirant and an oscillating fan in order to enjoy it.
And last, did you see the story about the lady that was having headaches, dizziness, and numbness? They thought she had a brain tumor, but when they operated they found.....a WORM!!!... living in her brain!!!!EEEWWWW!!!! Okay, seriously. That is Nasty with capital N! Evidently these worms come from undercooked pork. Therefore I am NEVER ordering pork again. Especially at cheap Chinese restaurants.
(Why is all of this underlined and in blue? I didn't click on anything special. It's doing this on it's own. Maybe it's a worm in my computer's brain.)
So (oh, the blue is gone. And the underlining too. Wierd!). Here's my project. Remember when I started Whimsical Wednesdays I stated that I had unfinished projects laying around? This is one. I actually made this tepee for a class at the school for the International Festival in March. But I didn't follow the directions very well...okay, not at all....and the teacher had a hard time getting it set up. So Curtis brought it home for me to fix....and it's been sitting propped against the wall for 2 months. But now I have a new lease on life and decided to finish it so the teacher can have it back.The class actually painted the panels in art class with Native American designs. The material is this cool suede that we found in the dollar bin at Wal-Mart. It feels like real animal hide.
It looks soooo much better now and I'm really glad to have this incentive to actually get some things done. I realize that none of this is going to change your life, but mine is surely better.

Thanks for letting me share. Have a great Wednesday!

Watch less t.v. to be happier.

Drink cold chocolate milk.

And cook your pork thoroughly, for Pete's sake!

2 comments:

hillari said...

okay, that is seriously gross and scary about the worm! Yikes. We just had pork yesterday, but since it cooked in the crockpot for 8 hours, I'm pretty sure it was done.
Love the teepee. I still want to make one, just don't have the fabric. or the time for that matter. You lucked out on the dollar suede stuff! don't all your kids want you to make one?

brookegfunk said...

That is awesome . Sorry I've been away so long I miss you and It'll never happen again!