So I've napped a few times today and am mentally ready to add a few things to my review.
I am not a "Twilight Purist". I accept that things will be different than what I picture in my mind. And I also realize that not everything in the book can be put into the movie. Alot was left out. But that's okay. I just want to be entertained. And I was. It was fun to see things play out on the screen that I had tried to imagine before. And if anything didn't fit quite right, I just made up my own supporting theories (spray-bottle sweat, for instance). And once you get passed the fact that Edward's head was a little like Quasimodo's, he's quite handsome. My favorite was when he smells Bella for the first time in Biology. It's hilarious.
Anyways. Let me know what you think.
3 comments:
Well, I'm not a huge fan of the books and probably won't see this one in the theater. It just looks so, I don't know, not good. Maybe it's better than I am expecting, but Edward totally doesn't look handsome in the trailers, and let's face it, that is his major strong point in the books, right? Your Quasimodo comment made me laugh out loud though!
I too had a girls night out and went to see the movie at midnight. The movie was better than what I expected. I do think that if you haven't read the book you miss out on a lot and just might not get the whole picture. A lot of the characters I pictured differently but its okay.
I like your reviews -- they were funny. I'm trying not to have any expectations at all when I see it -- which now will be with my sisters in December. Jim backed out on me, but that's okay! It's probably more fun to watch with girls anyway...
Post a Comment