Here are the recipes I promised you. They are so EASY!!! and work great. Hallie said that all her friends have been telling her at school that they LOVE their sugar scrub.
Coco Nilla Paradise Sugar Scrub:
2/3 cups sugar
1/3 cup coconut oil (next to the olive oil at WalMart)
40 drops vanilla essential oil (in the soap making aisle at JoAnn's)
20 drops lavender coloring (same aisle at JoAnn's)
Mix ingredients together, using more or less vanilla and coloring as desired. Put in a cute jar and enjoy your cleverness every time you shower :)
Heaven Scent Ginger Cinnamon Salt Scrub:
1 cup sea salt (next to the regular salt at WalMart)
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup almond, olive, or coconut oil (I used olive oil but think I'll try coconut or almond oil next time)
Mix all ingredients together. Bottle it up!
To use the scrubs rub on skin in shower. Rinse off (you'll be greasy!) then towel dry for the softest, best smelling skin of your life!!!
Chocolate Kisses Lip Gloss:
4 tsp. petroleum jelly
1/4 tsp. honey
10 milk chocolate chips (any kind)
1/8 tsp shortening
Carefully mix all ingredients in a small microwave safe bowl. Make sure they are all clumped together. Do not cover. Microwave for 20 seconds then stir. Repeat process until fully melted and pourable. Pour into chap-stick tubes or small lip gloss pots (in the soap making aisle at JoAnn's). Note: If using a chap-stick tube: make sure to tap the tube on the counter repeatedly to release any air bubbles. Freeze for 15 minutes to harden (will also harden on it's own--it just takes longer). You should be able to fill 2 tubes with this recipe.
Let me know how it turns out if you try any of these. Have fun!
2 comments:
Thanks for posting these -- and where you found the materials! I *might* try them out -- they do sound easy!
Thanks for all of the fun recipes. I think I will try some for Aubree's birthday!
Post a Comment