
Just one look at those crazy eyes and you can see all the mischief that ever was, or ever will be, concocted by a pint-sized terrorist! Can you hear her terrible laugh of crazed insanity?

She is out to sabotage every one and every thing in her path. Seek and destroy is her mission. There aren't enough words to describe her horrifying attacks on humanity. But I will tell you of on one sad, scary tale:
There once was a pianist that was asked (that part is debatable) to play for a gigantic musical oratorio. The task was daunting. Learning over 200 pages of tricky, tricky music in 2 months would be the easy part (yes, I'm being slightly sarcastic). The hard part, you ask? Accomplishing that while having a raving lunatic 1 and a half year old running around.
She was out to stop the whole production with her every breath. Some of her more notable attacks:
1. Scribble out the last 3 1/2 lines (the piano part, no less) of the last page of "For Unto Us". If you have a copy, I dare you to look at that page. There are sooo many notes that it's impossible to focus even without the scribbles. Add in angry, black pencil marks and it's enough to cause an embolism.
2. She is a master of causing a major disturbance (IE: climbing on the counter, spilling water, crushing crackers, pulling her brother's hair and stomping on his face the same time), and while my attention is momentarily diverted from practicing, she runs to the piano and starts "playing" her own piece. Repeat this process every 2.4 minutes and you have a very frustrated mom.
3. Her most diabolical attack came yesterday: In the middle of my morning practice session (and being freaked out because I only have a week and a half) I stopped to rotate the laundry from the dryer to the couch and the washer to the etc. etc. While I was thus engaged she took the golden opportunity to grab a pencil and jam it into the crack between F# and G. What toddler wouldn't think of that? She then proceeded to break the pencil (because you can't have a pencil sticking out of the keys now, can you?) leaving half of it crammed into the tiny space, crippling the use of those keys. It was far enough in that I couldn't get a grip on it. I had to poke it the rest of the way under the keyboard to free up those keys. Also, I don't know what exactly happened to cause this, but my piano is making a weird echoing sound.
Sheesh! I think it's safe to say that Violet HATES "Handel's Messiah".
In other totally unrelated news, my kids Christmas Wish Lists keep giving me a chuckle. Zane drew pictures of his list, actually he drew it three times. The same list every time. His pictures are so cute, I wish my scanner worked so I could show you. But one of the things on his list is "Scriptures". So sweet.
This little darling has quite a list. The first thing is "Baby Alive". She has been asking for it for YEARS. We keep telling her that we have a REAL Baby Alive, but she isn't buying it. The next thing on her list is so typical of her: She wants a framed picture.Of herself.
No lie.
Of herself.
She has a few other items but the last one is sure to be major disappointment Christmas morning. She wants her own room.
Sorry. Not gonna happen. Not this year. Not next year.
Violet's wish: to not get packed into Santa's sack when he leaves our house Christmas night.
2 comments:
I seriously gasped out loud when I read that opening paragraph--I thought you were "firing" her by having another baby...you're not, right?? Can't wait to hear your performance! It is going to be so awesome.
Hahahaha...that's soooo funny. I didn't even think of it like that. No, we are NOT having another baby.
Hahahahahahahahahaha.
Ha!
Post a Comment