Monday, December 6, 2010

75%

I've come up for air from my daily practicing ritual. I'm actually gasping for air. I don't even remember what my life was like before all this started. Last week at one of my three rehearsals, the director told me that I was doing great and she thought I was about 75% ready.

(insert blank stare)

Are you freaking kidding me? All these hours upon hours of practicing everyday and I'm only 75 freaking percent?!?!?!

?!?!?!?!

And I only have until the end of next week to go the other 25?

The truth is, she was probably being generous saying that much.

This music is killing me. I'm the new poster child of why you shouldn't practice the piano. You don't ever want to be in this position.

This week we start recording, that way, if we have multiple recordings of each song we might (might!) have a good enough recording of me not messing up for the final cd.

Sheesh!

Last night I went to bed at 8:15.

Who am I these days?

Anyways, Friday we decorated for the holidays. I am not really in the mood for all the hullabaloo. Isn't that sad? So we got out our tree, half the ornaments and a few bookshelf decorations. And that's it. No village. No Blue Dragon. No wreath. I'm just too tired for all that.

My poor kids. 13 more days and we'll be able to get back to normal.

No comments: