This post is going to be full of randomness and ramblings. I have a little to say about a lot of things. None of it relevant or important. Happy reading.
First item up for business: Misty H.! You have the the soundtrack to Rocky Horror Picture Show? YOU ROCK!!!
Second: Baby names. Thanks for the suggestions. Brooke offered up Poppy (I like it on one hand. On the other it made me think of the couch-pee-guy on Seinfeld) and Gigi (Gigi is Grace's nickname). She also shared the gems Gillian (me likey) and Gwen (been thinking about Gwendolyn actually). Misty D. offered Allie (very cute--but yeah. Kind of close to Hallie). Hillari- you do have nice names for your girls, but I could never see anybody being as cute with said names (Sareny and Finley). But thanks for the offer.
The first thing everyone wants to know is if we have a name picked out. Come to think of it, that's the first thing I ask people to when I can think of nothing else to say. (Light bulb goes off) Maybe other people can't think of anything else either and they are just being polite and making small talk. Wow. Didn't see that one developing.
Now that I've convinced myself that you don't really care about what I name my baby and you're just being polite, I'll just say a few names that I like (to politely answer you) and we'll move on.
Top of the list: Cecily (Cece for short). Ewww. That nickname kind of looks like fece. Maybe Cici is better. Maybe not. How about C.C.? Oh, I hate these decisions!!!
Curtis likes Wren. I like Cecily. Grace likes Alice. I like Cecily. I don't know what Hallie and Hannah like. But I like Cecily.
Okay! Moving on.
I finally finished what had to be the longest reading of "The Host" ever. I don't know why it took me so long. It was interesting enough. I just don't read as much as I used to. The only time I really read is Sunday night and there was something about this book that lulled me to sleep. I would only make it through one or two chapters each session. And there are, like, 60!!! I'm glad I got it over with and can now return the book to my cousin Hillary. I also have quite a back-log of books to read. Now I have to decide what to read next. People keep loaning me books. I'll never get them all read before the world ends.
That reminds me of an old black and white Twilight Zone. There is a bookish little guy that loves to read. He has a horrid job and a nagging wife. All he wants to do is read so one day he locks himself in a bomb shelter for some peace and quiet. Well, while he's in there an atomic bomb is dropped by someone and the inhabitants of the world are fried. All except him. He trips around the ruins of his city and realizes he's alone. His dispair is turned to joy when he comes upon the library. Now he can read for the rest of his life without anyone nagging him. As he settles himself down on a nice slab of concrete and broken infra-structure his glasses fall off and break. Now he can't read. Poor guy.
I don't know why any of this matters. I told you this would be random.
Card club last week was a success. There were 11 different cards this month. I wish I could show you my cards (and all the other cute ones) but my scanner still doesn't work. If I would get my act together and take it in I could show you pictures of Curtis with spiked hair and O.P. shorts (circa 1985) and me with a neon hair bow (ala Madonna) and parachute pants. Too bad for you.
And lastly, you all know what tonight is (in a sing-song voice). Okay. Seriously, Adam better stop thinking he's in the traveling production of "Wicked" and bring it! Stop being so theatrical. Just show the world what you can do in a Top 40-kind-of-way. Remember when Andrew Loyd Webber was one of the mentors? He would have loved Adam! But Adam needs to cater to the Top 40 crowd, not the Off-Broadway and Gammage season ticket holder set.
And did you see that hair that was sticking out the side of Taylor Hicks ear last week? I couldn't focus on anything else. Here he was with a nice short hair cut and a long stray ear hair. Gross.
I think I'm done now. If you are reading the end of this post, thanks for sticking with it. Sorry I didn't enrich your life in any way, shape or form.
Happy Tuesday.
2 comments:
So seriously, Taylor Hicks?? How did that even happen? He's a little ew. I can't wait for Biggest Loser tonight! That's my show these days.
Cecily is cute.
Poppy makes me think of City of Ember, which is a good book. :)
You are too cute! I enjoyed your ramblings. I so want to read but keep getting interrupted...so it takes me forever to read one book:)
Post a Comment