Went to Border's with the kids' Christmas gift cards :)
Went to Dunn Edwards AND 2 different Home Depots :(
Went to McDonald's and Albertson's :)
Wanted to take a nap :)
Had to take care of children :(
Slept soundly all night long, though :)
Lately I've been pondering on the things that I canot do without, cleaning supplies-wise. I've also been wondering what products would make my life a little easier. Here is a list of things I use or do around the house that I feel are worth the $ or trouble. If you have any good ideas about anything, tell me! I'll post it at the end of the week.

1) Mr. Clean Magic Erasers: They really work. Crayon on walls? No problem. Fingerprints on doors? No problem. Try 'em. My kids will clean the walls of the stairwell with no complaining if they can use one of these. They know it makes everything come off easily.
2) When cutting an onion burn a candle next to your cutting board. No tears. For real! The candle burns the gases let off by the candle before it can offend. I haven't cried when cutting an onion for years!
3) I already sang the praises of Tide a few months back. Still in love with it!
4) Everyone knows that the real name of the crisper drawer in your fridge is "The Rotter". It will rot any fruit or vegetable in no time at all. To combat this problem you may have tried the special bags that are sold all over. The cheap way to save your produce is simple. Into each bag add a paper towel or napkin before you put it away. It wicks up the excess moisture that makes things get slimy. I've had lettuce stay fresh and crisp for up to 3 weeks in it's original bag!
5) The Queen of Clean on Channel 3 is always talking about water and vinegar.
But I'd never felt compelled to use it. My flat-screen tv was getting so dirty and not being able to use Windex, which is usually my first choice, I decided to try her mixture. I was really nervous because there were some spots on the tv that I thought were burned on because they would not budge previously. I mixed 2 parts water to 1 part white vingegar and dipped a micro-fiber cloth into it. Just a little tiny amount was all I needed. That tv wiped off beautifully. It once again looks great. Water and vinegar. I'm going to try in it other places too.
I'm looking for a way to get the hard water deposits off of my shower door. I never got around to waxing it before it got gross.
Any ideas?
Please :)
1 comment:
Deb, There's some fabulous stuff they sell at home depot.It's in a yellow bottle in the cleaning aisle Spot x maybe? It looks like dry cement powder when you put it on a scrubber. It works really well.
Post a Comment