I can't believe that I haven't even sat down to the computer in almost a week! Been making Hawaiian costumes. Three made. Eleven to go. Only cussed twice. Just kidding. My girls were scandalized the other night when they overheard me say to someone that I felt like cussing at the bags of beads that darken our kitchen table. I told them that I didn't actually cuss, to which my brother-in-law Kelly said "You might as well it if you say you feel like it."
Still debating on it.
On Sunday our ward was split in half. On the one hand it will be easier to keep track of new people. Heck! It will be easier to keep track of the old people, too. Recently two different familes moved out and I didn't even notice until they had been gone for 3 months!!! Our ward was bursting. On Sunday there were 502 people in Sacrament. The primary had just under 200 kids. Not including the nursery.
On the other hand we are sad to be separated from family and friends. Curtis' sister and my cousin and their families are on "the other side". On "our side" is still my Aunt Connie and Uncle Marv, who we love to sit with in sacrament. I've been instantly released from 5 callings.Needless to say, we aren't answering our phone in the evenings for the next 2 weeks, so if you're in the new bishopric, don't call us. We'll call you.
This Sunday is Stake Conference, which I have to play the organ for, again. I'm actually glad I get another crack at it because last time I didn't get to know the organ before-hand and it wasn't pretty. I couldn't get it to sound the way I wanted it to. Just a note---haha! a "note". Get it? Anyways, I digress. Stay away from any buttons that produce a chimes-like sound when playing for Stake Conference. Not good. I'll be taking the organ out dancing tomorrow night in an effort to get to know it a little better. Maybe dinner afterwards. If it's lucky!
So I'm still in the middle of the whirlwind of Hawaiian costumes. Those darn Maori costumes are taking me forever!!! When I'm done with all the components, I will probably have spent about 12 hours on each. All for one song. Thank heavens Grace isn't also doing the Maori number.
Pray for me.
Did you watch American Idol last night? We did. When it started Zane began jumping up and down saying "a-nekin' idol! a-neckin' idol!" Curtis is wondering what we are doing to Zane when he (Curtis) is gone to mutual. By-the-by, Curtis is not an American Idol fan.
My prediction is that the last 2 people standing in May will be "Gokey" from last week and "Lambert" from this week. I don't even need to hear the rest of the pitiful contenders.
I've decided.
It's all over.
6 comments:
Wow, I'm surprised you have taken up cussing with those darn skirts! That sounds ridiculous. Good luck!
I have to say I was sad to see Norman Gentle go. Just cause he was hilarious. I do have to agree with you that those two will probably be at the end. I do wonder how long they will keep the blind guy from Scottsdale though. Next week will be interesting for that reason.
BTW you need to start saying know to projects. I am pregnant and the thought of making those skirts makes me want to vomit. Sorry I am just in that phase. I hope you finish them before you start cussing too much. My Son (2) picked up cussing for a while. I was really embarrassed because I knew exactly where it came from. :)
ooops I ment you need to start saying NO and not I know how to do that. :)
My dear friend shouldn't you know the flavor of you know who soon? I thought about it in the middle of the night and now I am obsessed.
ps cussin' sometimes is appropriate and hilarious - that's all the !@#$#@!%^$ I have to say about it
Bummer about the ward split, but ummm... 200 kids in primary! Holy Smokes! That's insane. I hope you had a nice date with the organ (and may I NEVER have to do the same for our stake - I am NOT an organist)! In fact, if they call me to play, I'll just call you and have you go in my place! :)
Oh my goodness...I just found your blog and I am rolling here! And I shouldn't be on the computer reading blogs because I am in a similar hawaiian dance costume predicament!
Also, I am totally bummed that you are in the "other ward" now! bummed.
What is your e-mail...I will send you an invite to our family blog, too. :)
Amy
Post a Comment