If it was left up to them we'd end up with a name like...um...I guess I shouldn't make fun of their choices as they may offend someone either with, or having named their child, said name.
Instead I decided to post one of our favorite games (for boring car rides or lame parties).
"Combine two names!!!"
Celebrity watchers play this game alot!
"Brangelina" and "TomKat" are two of the most popular.


If you combine my name with my hubby's you get "Cebra" (dumb) or "Durtis" (not unlike my REAL childhood nickname of "Derbis").
Then I started thinking about some of you and what your names would be if you were highly over-rated star couples.
*Keith and Hillari: Heith (not bad) and Killari (cool).
*Brooke and Kevin: Brevin (sounds somewhat like a musical notation) or Krooke (awesome!).
*Sandra and Carlos: Candra (hmmm) and Sarlos (hard to say if you have a lisp).
*Charlene and David: Chavid (um, no) or Darlene (real name).
*Danya and Bob: Dob (sounds like a fairytale character) or Banya (annoying Seinfeld character)
*Jennifer and Thayne: Jayne (really cute) and Thennifer (not really cute).
*Shelly and Chad: Chelly (???) or Shad (fishy).
*Molly and Gary: Mary (what's with all the real names?) and Golly (my favorite).
*David and Michelle: Dichelle (weird, but maybe real in some other country) or Mavid (sounds like an evil Disney character).
*Sarah and Eddie: Saddie (pass the tissues) and Earrah (I guess it doesn't work so well with vowels).
*Misty and Colby: Cisty (looks really gross but sounds cute when pronounced with a K) or Molby (can't stop smiling at this one).
I know that there are more funny-sounding combos out there. Let me hear 'em.
Another fun (?) name game is "Backwards Names".
This is one of Curtis' most cherished past-times. One of the first things he did when we got married was figure out my name backwards.
"Arbed Nna Rendrag"
Disgusting, huh?
Hannah is proud that her name is a palindrome (the same forwards and backwards) and is therefore above familial ridicule and possible ostracism.
Curtis' name is "Sitruc Laen Rendrag". (Sounds like "Citrus" with a k on the end instead of an s).
Going back to the original subject of this post, he wants to name the baby, if it's a boy, "Sitruc"!!!
He thinks it would be "cool" and unusual.
I think it is cruel and unusual.
Heaven help us all until a name is decided.
5 comments:
wow, I'm going to have to vote against Sitruc as a real name--but if you decide to use it I'm sure I'll get used to it...eventually! Good luck with the names, that is always a tough one. Is Hansen (or is it o-n?) still going to be in the running? If it's a girl, there are tons of cute names out there.
Anyway, fun combo names! Maybe we'll start going by Killari!
I am excited you are having an other one.
BTW I finally told Daryl you had asked for gardening advice. First of all I thought we always got advice from you. Second Daryl said we can't grow carrots like the one you did so... We are actually not even ready to start this year. I guess we need to start thinking that way.
It is great to hear from you again. Take care
Loved all the name combinations. It was so funny on ours because my sister's name is Darlene! Congrats on the new addition!
Wow... Sitruc. Um, no I wouldn't want that one either!!! Good luck! I always had a hard time picking out names, they are just so... PERMANENT!!! :)
You're so funny! My brother used to call us Dob for short. LOL! Congrats on being preggo! I apparently didn't check this blog for a long time (hey, I was sick in bed)! We're very excited for you!
Post a Comment