
As you may remember, last Sunday Zane got himself excused from the exclusivity that is the ward nursery. We had to come up with something goooood to get him back in Amy Rae's good grace's. When it comes to Amy Rae all you need to know is "Diet Coke". We knew that would be our best shot at what seemed daunting. So we brought a nice cold bottle of it (with slobber on the lid, to boot).
As Zane walked toward the nursery door with his prize, I wondered if other's were silently accusing us of sacrilege.
"Is Coke even allowed in the building?" I wondered to myself.
"Oh, well. I don't care at this point. Anything to get my baby back in."
A mother will do anything, ANYTHING, for her child, right?
As soon as Amy Rae spotted the bottle she squealed (in a Texan accent) with delight. She said "Come on in, Zane! You're welcome anytime!"
He was happy to run in and play with the plethora of trucks and cars. And off I went with a secret smile. We had pulled it off. Hopefully it would last.
At the end of church I nervously approached the door. Was he still there? Had he been banned for life? So much pressure.
What I found was a happy boy and a happy Amy Rae. She said he had done SO WELL! I asked her if she was just saying that because of the bribe. She vehemently denied it, as she took another swig.
All I can say is, thank heavens for Diet Coke (and the the people that are happily addicted to it). It got my boy back into the nursery.
I'll stoop to any low for my baby!
(Disclaimer: This story is told tongue-in-cheek. I know that Zane would still be welcome, Diet Coke, or not. What is true is Amy Rae's addiction.)
1 comment:
I love your disclaimer--it really made me laugh out loud! Glad you're back in her good graces.
Post a Comment