Monday, January 26, 2009

Comments on your comments

So I have a few comments to follow-up on a few comments that were made in the last 2 posts.

Here it goes:

To Hillari- Hansen is actually Zane's middle name. So to answer your question-- No, Hansen will not be considered as a name for the unborn (sounds a little sinister, doesn't it?).

To Hillari (again)- For the silhouettes I enlarged the pictures to 8x10, printed them on cardstock, cut them out and spray painted them black. Spray painting was the way to go. It dried in, like, a minute.

To Misty- That was crazy carrot we grew 3 years ago, wasn't it? A feat to, hopefully, never be repeated. To you other readers, here is the story: We grew a batch of carrots and when we pulled one of them out it was truly obscene! Two carrots had fused together (a big one and a little one) and grew into the shape of male genitalia. Our innocent little Hannah declared it look like a "mitten", bless her heart.

Curtis was so proud of this carrot that he took it everywhere, including church, to show people. We almost sent it to Jay Leno. We took a picture of it, but somehow that roll has never been developed. I don't know what happened to it. Anyways, the same week that Mutant Carrot was harvested, we found out we were expecting. Curtis took it to be a "sign" that we would have a boy finally. And it came true!!! Zane was born 8 months later.

Totally Random Question: Have you been to Jaimee Rose's blog? It's fun! You should check it out!!!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Just catchin' up on your posts...CONGRATULATIONS! I actually heard, but didn't know if it was supposed to be public yet. The name thing was hilarious. My friends used to call me Refinnej (jennifer backwards) when I was in 6th grade.
Actually, I had a friend named Joan and her hubby was Mark. She named her kids Marjoan (girl) and Jomark (boy).

hillari said...

Thanks for the tip about the spray paint. I wasn't quite sure about that part. That carrot...too funny! I forgot about that thing. And you're right, Curtis thought it was the most hilarious thing in the world!

brookegfunk said...

I think our name convo will have to be phone date cuz names are tricky..thanks for the shout out to blog I can count on you! I have found Facebook - Heaven Help Us All!

The West Family said...

The grapevine caught up with me and I wanted to say congrats. It is a small city, what can I say. We are so happy for you.