I...have...not...been...to...the...movies....for....over...2...weeks!!!!
I don't know if I can make it 'till Friday. We wanted to go this last weekend but we were too busy! It was sure a crazy weekend. As you know, I played for that choir Thursday night. On Friday Grace had a performance for school. I was supposed to play for that too (The Hallelujah Chorus). Thank heavens I got let off the hook at the last minute. But we were out late again. Saturday I had to play for a baptism in the afternoon then I had a piano recital in the evening. It was really good. My students are getting soooo gooood, if I do say so myself. We had a great turnout. About 125+ people. Out late again that night. Then Sunday, after playing for four hours at church (choir, organ, primary) I had to play for a Stake Musical Fireside. My ward choir sang then I had to do a piano solo at the last minute. It wasn't my best. It was so cold and my fingers felt frozen and stiff, not to mention that I was exhausted from all the late nights. Not good for a pianist. Anyways, everyone was nice to say I did a fabulous job. But I was mad that I had played the same song flawlessly the night before. And on a crap-crap-crappity piano, too. Oh well. My worst isn't so bad, I guess. If only I'd worn gloves...
So I spent yesterday doing laundry and giving piano lessons. My house is a sty!!! I don't know if it will ever be clean again. My kids are getting used to being slobs. I can't even get mad at them because I've been just as bad.
This morning I have a holiday breakfast to go to with friends. It's at the always fabulous Amy Rae's. If I didn't feel dirty in my house before, I will after I go. Her house is an immaculate-dream-come-true! It will still be loads of fun though. Even though I know what awaits me when I return. Maybe I'll just stay there forever. She has plenty of room.
Here is your fortune for the day: Your chores will be light and your fingernails will be strong. You will be admired by all whom you meet. Don't give milk to one-eyed cats.
1 comment:
Hello! I cannot believe I came across you blog page! How have you been? I can't believe how much your family has changed! You actually might not even remember me! My maiden name was Hunt!
Post a Comment