Monday, December 1, 2008

I'm soooo busy!!!

Today I have a piano gig. I play for a high school choir and today is rehearsal. Tomorrow I am going to be gone all day long traveling with them to various elementary schools, old folk's homes and the Tree Lighting Ceremony at Banner Estrella Hospital. Every time they have a concert I swear it will be the last time I accompany them, but I always say yes. I love doing it. It's just hard to find someone to watch Zane. I feel bad asking anyone to do it. So this is it. The last time. It will be hard saying no next time. I really do enjoy it. Maybe when Zane is a little older, he can just come along with a coloring book, bag of cars, and backpack full of snacks, then I won't have to imposition anyone.

As a continuation to my last post (Idiots and Turkeys) I have a confession to make. While we were playing the ill-fated Scrabble game I was told of some mysterious rule where I could swap out the blank tile on the board and use it for my own gain. I had already decided that I wouldn't use any of the alternative rules, but that particular one was just too tempting. So I did it. Little did I know that my brother-in-law Ryan was seething in the next chair because I had thwarted his (legal) plan to take control of the board, and then the universe, with an awesome lay. He is much bigger than I and had I known he was about to drop-kick me to Bermuda, I might have stopped myself. My thoughts were "When in Rome, do as the Romans do". So I did. I am very proud of Ryan for not exploding on sight, though. Such restaint. Oh, that I had usd some.

Anyways, we heard all about it Saturday night at a cousin's wedding reception. Ryan was like a Himalayan mountain of red-headed, full-bearded, fists-of-fire, fury!!! I hope he forgives me.

I was weak.

I swear I'll never use Rummi-kub or Phase-10, or any other game for that matter, rules again in Scrabble.

Please forgive...

4 comments:

hillari said...

If only we lived closer to each other, I would totally watch Zane for you! That sounds like a lot of fun to play for them. Well, I should clarify, fun for you, not for me! I think it sounds terrifying!

Gardner Family said...

You're so sweet. I jst might have taken you up on your offer.

hillari said...

So I'm dieing of boredom here without my daily dose of Curtis fan club... :) So should we see a movie tomorrow? Surely there is something out there worth our $7.50.

SJ said...

Funny about the Scrabble game.

I'm usually a nice person, but I turn evil when playing games -- it's not just about winning, but, you know, keeping others from winning, right?