Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wednesday's

Remember the good ole days when "Wednesday" used to mean something? If you've forgotten, I was supposed to make Wednesday my big day to unveil any project that I had been working on. This was more for me than anyone else as an incentive to actually finish up some of the 2 trillion started/forgotten/abandoned projects I have haunting the place.

This project has been hanging around so long I almost forgot it was supposed to happen. Almost 2 years ago I bought 2 chairs from Savers. They are awesome chairs needing a little TLC. I planned to paint and upholster them into something stylish and fun! I started painting one of them months ago, but ran out of paint. And so it sat, waiting till the day I returned armed with renewed energy and fervor (and paint).
Cue Music: Finally (!!!) I got around to painting it and using the fabric I bought last November for it. This is what I hate about buying the supplies, then waiting to actually complete the project: I'm not so sure I like the zebra stripes anymore. It seemed like an awesome idea at the time. I just may change that fabric, though.

In the meantime, it's a fun chair.

Now if only the other one was done....

3 comments:

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

What a fantastically fun chair!

hillari said...

I love it! It looks really awesome. But you're supposed to post a before picture too so we can all be impressed at how you took a piece of junk and turned into something so fabulous!

Kandice and Rob said...

That's really cool! Even with the zebra stripes. You should leave it that way & sit proudly in your awesome chair.