Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Viley

When we first named her, we wondered what Violet's nickname would end up being. We tried out many different ones, but nothing seemed right. We finally gave up and decided that one would present itself sooner or later. We just hoped it would be kind (not "Thunder-Thighs" or "Pizza Face" or anything like it. Actually, I guess there is still time for those surface).

Zane was the one who started "the nickname". He started calling her Viley, and now we all do. Sometimes Hallie will throw out a "Vi-Vi" (sounds like hi-hi), but I like Viley. It's suits her little ole self.

Now being the loser mother of five that I am I am just now getting around to the fact that I never posted her first birthday. It happened AGES ago. Seriously, AGES ago. Earlier today I realized that she had turned 14 months old last week, and I didn't even notice!!! So here is her first birthday.

The kids were more into celebrating than we as parents were. Sad.

Grace made her a book. It was so cute!

Hannah drew a portrait of little Viley (which we still haven't framed. Pssst: don't tell Hannah I can't find the picture. I think it's in the pile of junk on the kitchen counter. Grace's book is there, too. I hope.)

Zane did a trick. Violet was NOT impressed.

I'm not sure why the cake has kajillion candles on it. And curse those red-sprinkles--that cake was bitter too!

I think she liked it! She soon tired of eating daintily with her hands and went full force for the prize.

As for finishing it off, I can see she's been taking her cue from the dog. Or Zane. One never can tell.

It was a good thing the kids gave her gifts, because she didn't get any from us. Our house is OVERFLOWING!!!! with clothes and toys.

And besides, we gave her life--dangit!--and that's got to count for something. When you think about it, we should be exempt from gift-giving for at least 5.3 years.

So there you are. Violet turned one two months ago. Big whoop.

1 comment:

hillari said...

Happy late birthday to cute little Viley! she is so adorable, and I love how much she seemed to enjoy her cake!
Very cute gifts from the girls--they are so talented!