I didn't get to blog yesterday because I had to take Zane to the doctor. He might have broken his foot over the weekend, though I highly doubt that it is truly broken. In the off chance that it was, he needed x-rays. We're still waiting for the results. I was sent to an imaging place in the middle of No-Man's-Land: Sun City. We dodged all the golf-carts and 10 mph hour drivers to arrive safely at
SimonMed.
While there Zane was a typical 2 year old: jabbering, singing, acting like a dog, kicking the door, licking the windows, climbing on chairs. Mind you, I stopped him from each of these behaviors, but whenever I did he'd find a new one to annoy everyone. Finally a mean old man said in a very stern, loud voice, "Quiet down!" It shocked Zane into momentary silence and the man said it again. I was exhausted almost to tears because this was the 2nd office we'd been sitting in that morning. Couldn't that old man see that I was trying my best and he was talking to an almost-infant? Luckily we were called back soon after and it was all over in a matter of minutes.
We'll see if it was all worth it this morning.
On Sunday we watched conference. Usually we go to my mom's for our traditional Conference Breakfast at which she is the master, but she was in an accident on Friday and begged off. I'm glad you're okay mom! That left me in charge of the victuals. I've never seen children so excited for conference. All week they had been talking about it. Hallie made conference packets at Young Women's on Wednesday and they couldn't wait to see what was in them.
I awoke early Sunday morning along with Grace and Zane. As they played outside I started in on the feast.
The menu:
Pancakes
Mini Donuts
Scrambled Eggs
Bacon
Fresh Fruit
Fresh Squeezed Juice

My mom usually also adds toasted English Muffins and at least one other type of juice. Even with the discrepency it turned out pretty tasty, if I do say so myself.
Conference was great, at least what I saw of it. I fell asleep in between sessions (because of the early morning, I guess) and Curtis didn't want to disturb me so he didn't wake me up. I awoke just in time to hear the prophet speak at the end. Now I'll have to read what I missed in the Ensign, which isn't nearly as fun because they edit out all the jokes.
Today I have quite an exhausting schedule: Nap, do a little cleaning, nap, fold the laundry, and then nap again.
Have a nice day :)
The One and Only Brooke-A-Funk-A-Licious tagged me to tell six horrible/ mysterious truths about myself. She took all the good answers for herself, so I have to really think about it. Give me day or so. I know I have lots of material to work with, it's just deciding which ones I really want everyone to know.
2 comments:
That is completely horrible about the Dr.'s office! What a meany. And I can totally relate--I've had my share of rude comments or stares, but come on, kids are going to wiggle and be a little annoying at times. Your conference feast looks totally fabulous. Yum!
Delish - but not half as yummy as your soul baring truths!
Post a Comment