Monday, May 14, 2012

Why the heck...part two

Lately I am feeling quite accomplished when it comes to my to-do list.

 Now, I'm not sayin' there wasn't a billion things on my list, but after my latest spurt of energy there is now only 999,999,999 (is that nine hundred ninety nine million, nine hundred ninety nine thousand, nine hundred ninety nine? I was never very good in math!)

Either way, there is alot left to do.

A few months ago (okay--it was like eight months ago) a friend of mine moved. That was sad.

She was one of my daughters teachers at church. That made it even sadder.

 She was also in the group of ladies that help me govern the giggly young women at church. That made me most sad.

She has beautiful taste in home decor. That made me happy.

She had a bunch of stuff that she didn't want to have to move. That made me even happier.

One of the items was this broken piece of metal. That made me the happiest because I just knew I could do something with it. I didn't know what, but I was for sure going to try! It couldn't be that hard to learn to weld, right?

This poor misbegotten orphaned metal has been languishing in the laundry room, gathering dust, waiting for it's second life. I had finally given up learning to weld. At least for now...I still have mad, mad ideas whirling around in my head! but back to the matter at hand.




Prepare to be amazed at my faux-finishing skills. The item to be fixed: a metal scrolly-thingy (like my use of technical terms?) with a sunburst in the middle.

Can you guess what I used to fix the broken sunburst?


I bet you still can't guess what I used.


Okay, I'll tell you....cardboard!

Yep! Cardboard. I cut a piece in the desired shape, bent it like the other other pieces, painted it and hot glued it and voila!

And here it is, hanging above my door!


Not too shabby, eh?

What are you waiting for! Go fix that broken piece of metal you no doubt have floating around the dark recesses of your house!

And thanks April! Miss you! 



1 comment:

Hey Lucy, I'm Home said...

How awesome! I'd have never guessed cardboard. You inspire me, truly!!!