Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pinterest is waiting....

I signed up for Pinterest a looooong time ago. Once I was signed up I didn't do a thing with it! I felt I was too busy to give it the attention it deserved. Plus, I knew it would suck away my precious time which is always running in short supply. To quote--sort of-- my Grandma Allen, I needed another online distraction to keep me from doing the things I SHOULD be doing "like I needed a hole in the head".

So I left it alone.

Pinterest was sad.

I could feel it beckoning me. Occasionally I would pop on and look at other people's pins, but I wouldn't pin anything myself.

I refused to give in completely.

I've often asked me why I did this to myself and Pinterest, and the answer is.... I DON'T KNOW WHY!!!!

With the advent of summer coming on I was feeling very stagnant in the creativity department. The thought of having 5 kids home with me ALL DAY long was depressing me. I needed a jolt of I-don't-know-what to get me excited. Or at least get me un-depressed. I needed ideas of things to make, things to cook, ways to organize the chaos we call home.

So I heeded the call of Pinterest. I'm not ashamed to admit I did it. Some people look down on Pinterest. They think it's a waste of time.

But I know better. I've learned of new ways to be thrifty, crafty, and more fun as a mom.

I've already made the "Best. Dang. Biscuits. I've. Ever. Eaten. In. My. Life.....Ever."

I found a new pizza dough recipe that is far superior to anything I've made. And my dough wasn't too bad before. But now it's better!

I made my own toothpaste and my teeth have never felt cleaner. They are much brighter, too! Seriously....homemade toothpaste?!?!?! Fo' Sho'!

I found ideas on how to make a backyard water park for my kids that we are drawing up plans for. More on that to come, I'm sure!

I think Pinterest has done more to bring back the Homemaker than anything else has in a long time, and by Homemaker I don't just mean women. Men, too!

Anything that can inspire you to create, be more self-reliant and inspire you to make your home the best it can be is AWESOME!!!

Is Pinterest paying me to say all this? No. I've already been well-paid.

If you haven't signed up yet, do it! You won't regret it.

Here's the link to the biscuits. You will be amazed by their fluffy goodness!
http://www.extremepersonalmeasures.com/2011/07/7-up-biscuits.html

No comments: