Friday, May 6, 2011

Cinco de Mayo

Is it true that Cinco de Mayo is a made-up holiday? I heard that rumor yesterday but don't know if I can really trust the source (a jokester teenager).




Well, I wanted to celebrate it by going out to dinner to Macayo's (voice of Nacho Libre) "or something".

Actually, now that I think on this a little more, maybe it is a holiday invented by Mexican food restaurants to boost business. Maybe this is their equivalent to retailer's "Day After Thanksgiving Sales", or Cyberspace's "Black Monday", or jewelry and florist's and candy store's so-called "Valentine's Day"....

wait. Where was I? Oh, yeah. I wanted to go out to dinner but surprise, surprise...I had a meeting. So we settled for the next best thing. I had made salsa a few days ago so we had bean burritos and taco salad.

Nacho Libre would have been so proud.

"Can't we just have a salad or some-sing?"






You cannot, and I mean, CANNOT beat My Nana's chips.







Okay. You can. Food City actually has the best chips. But there is not a Food City near my house, which may or may not be a good thing. And if you decide to try Food City's chips, make sure it is a Food City that has a tortilleria (sp?).

We cannot get enough fresh salsa. The more garlic the better!







In other news, today I'm sad. My two men are gone for the night. They went up to Utah for Curtis' brother's graduation. I'll miss them. I know it's only until tomorrow night, but I'll miss my men.







One thing to work on today: bringing romance back into our bedroom. It has not been very conducive to romance these days. It's dark and dusty. There are piles of random things on the "ugly chair" and the dresser, which include broken toys, crumpled receipts, nursing bras (which I do not need, by the way, nor will I ever need them again, thankyou very much, I just want to get rid of them!!!), a pile of clothes to mend, baby dolls, moldy sippy cups, the list could go and on.







See? It's not easy to create romance in that tragedy of a room.







But not after today. :)







Let's see...when will they be back?

1 comment:

hillari said...

Looks delish! We were lame this year and just sort of overlooked cinco de mayo. :( sad. Way to go on your room! I need to do the same thing. I love your ugly chair!