Saturday, May 14, 2011

Star Wars Marathon

Recently our girls announced that they wanted to have a "Star Wars" Marathon. Okay, we have a few of the movies,but they have NEVER shown any interest in watching them, so I was a little surprised by it all. It came out of the blue.





As we drove home from school Grace announced that she was (in her own words) "obsessed with Star Wars!!!" That was news to me. Obsessed with shoes? Yes. Obsessed with fashion? Yes. Obsessed with Star Wars? No. Who was this girl?

It was weird.





So we got ahold of all but the 3rd, you know it's the 3rd in the story but actually the 6th to be made. My girls were so confused by this.










They started on a Friday night. Hallie and Grace fell asleep before the first one was over. The next day we watched another. We started the 4 (1st) but not everyone was home to see it.



The next day was Sunday, so we didn't watch any. It took us several nights of the following week to finish them off.






I guess we are not very good at marathons. How do people do it? I know people who go the movies to watch all the movies in a series when a new one comes out (ie: Twilight, Harry Potter). I just can't do that.






With the last Harry Potter looming before us, what will you do? Will you watch them all right before? Or will you spread them out over a few nights or weeks before?






Will you be at the midnight showing? Do I dare go?



2 comments:

hillari said...

sounds fun! And hilarious that Grace was suddenly obsessed! I am jealous that you even have the option of viewing the midnight showing of Harry Potter, although I don't think I would take it if I had it. I think another Harry Potter party is in order though! On an unrelated note, I need to talk to you about piano lessons, and you are never home when I call!!

Gardner Family said...

Well, just leave me a message. Your name doesn't show up on my caller id. I might be "screening" :)
You should totally do another party. And get all that fun candy you got before!!!