Thursday, March 3, 2011

February Randomness (Finally a post with recent pictures!)

February was so short it almost seems like it didn't happen, but I have proof that it did indeed happen. The proof is in the pictures. Warning: These pics are so random and I jump from subject to subject so quickly that you may get dizzy.
Random picture of Zane helping me cut coupons, one of his favorite activities. Look at me getting my preschooler ready for school. He'll definitely be able to use scissors by the time he goes to K-Garten...in a year and a half (heaven-help-me!!!).
The peas Hannah planted way back in October for her Young Women's in Excellence project are finally producing. Now, every couple of days, we have approximately 10 peas to add to dinner. I guess next time we need to plant more than 3 vines.
This was a very sad event: our VCR bit the dust. I thought it was just old, but when I pried the video tape out of it I found this piece of cd case lodged inside. There is only one around here devious enough to do that: Violet. Does she not understand that we have 5,000 vhs tapes. How are we going to watch them now?

For Valentine's Day Curtis surprised me with a dozen roses. I loved them while they lasted, but now they are dried on my counter and I'm not sure what I'll end up doing with them. Hmmmm......

My sunflowers are blooming. They are so sunny and happy looking. Too bad the rest of the yard looks like Armageddon.
Aren't you happier just looking at them?

Zane and his buddy Aaron have started doing play dates twice a week They are hysterical. I love eavesdropping on their little four-year-old conversations.


Hannah was in her school science fair...

She got third place...


Even though her project accidentally produced maggots. It was disgusting! She was actually trying to see which liquid would promote a healthier plant: water, Dr. Pepper, or milk.

Obviously not milk!

In the end she got maggots all over the chair in her classroom, it was really disgusting. However, the boys in the class thought it was really cool.
She's earned herself a new nickname and a future career.
Good job, Hannah!
The very next day Hallie performed in her school talent show. She danced one of our Hawaiian dances "He Mele No Lilo". She was beautiful and graceful.

In the end she won 2nd place!!! This is a really terrible thing to admit but I will anyways: While she did a fantastic job, so did everyone else. Really, that school is full of very talented kids. There were trophies for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. I did not get my camera out when they were presenting them because I didn't think she'd get one. How terrible is that?!?!? What kind of mother am I?
She won 2nd!!! The 1st place trophy went to a girl who wrote her own song, then sang it while playing the guitar (she was really good). And 3rd place went to a boy with some kind of disability that sang to Bruno Mars' "Amazing". He was amazing and very inspirational!!!
But little ole Hallie!!! 2nd place!!! I guess I didn't think that the judges would appreciate the culture of Hawaiian dancing.


In the end they did. Yay for Hallie!
And yay for February!

No comments: