Friday, February 11, 2011

"Wednesday" on Friday

So, I didn't post like I said I would on Wednesday. Sorry. I was....errr...busy. I got caught up in something....uhhhh....real important.

Okay, I'll tell you what I was doing. I finally discovered hulu.com. Have you ever gone on that site? You should. Especially if you like decorating shows and you don't have cable. I've watched the entire 5th season of HGTV's "Design Star" this week. I'm LOVING it!!! I just log on, pick the show I want to watch and reee-laaaax! I even hook up my laptop to my tv so I'm watching the shows on something bigger than a computer screen. There's alot of movies to choose from also. For free! I haven't even "signed up". Try it out! Next I'm going to watch a whole season of "Dear Genevieve".


Oh, you know what else they have on that site? Old tv shows. Like the first season of "Bewitched" and "The Addams Family". Seriously, I'll never leave my house again. I'm just going to spend the rest of my days watching tv.
But before I turn into a hermit, here are my projects for this week.

Last week at Ross (when I scored those awesome plates for the plate-thingy) I found this metal easel for $1.49!!!! I didn't even have to think twice about getting it.
It holds the picture I received from the "Messiah" choir beautifully!
I love it!!!
I didn't "make" this project per se. Okay, not at all. Curtis painted this picture recently but I hung it in our family room (sometimes the most important part!). He is so talented. And I used my mad-hanging-pictures-on-the-wall skills. We make a perfect team!
And finally, here is the glorious fabric I used for drapes for the family room. That room has been devoid of window treatments for about 3 years now. I used to have hideous "curtain" thingies haging up, but they made me want to vomit, so I took them down. Curtis has been bugging me for-ever to do something, so I finally did.
I am soooo in love with this fabric. It is brown tafetta with black velvet flocking. I wish Jo-Ann's had had more when I bought it, I need to re-do the sliding glass door curtains and they are on the same wall as these windows.
Although, it just may have been too much of a (really, super) good thing.

Now that I have finally done something with these windows, I can start thinking about doing other projects. Curtis recently repainted our bedroom the loveliest shade of chocolate brown. It's great but now our bedroom furniture looks even sorrier than it did before.
What to do, what to do?
Glad you asked cause I'll tell you! I need to find a show on hulu that shows how to refinish your crappy old stuff into something slightly less crappy.
Hope you have a great weekend.

3 comments:

the Gardners said...

Looks good! I can't wait until we are closer to fun stores. =D

Have you ever checked out remodelaholic.com. She does all sorts of furniture redos and you can usually find what you are looking for on her linky party.

Michelle from Fun On A Dime said...

Oh, and if you have not seen it already on hulu, you should check out Merlin. It's a favorite of ours!

Amanda said...

I love hulu. I watch glee episodes over again.