Saturday, October 9, 2010

Back-Up----Shmack-Up

So, I've now had 2 rehearsals under my belt as the accompanist, and it wasn't pretty. I was okay on a few of the songs. But the songs from the first 2 weeks of rehearsal (before my life was changed forever, and ever, and ever, and ever, etc...) are not going well. I'm afraid I'm going to have to reduce them, which I hate to do. But oh, well. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

Now the fun (wait--is this supposed to be fun?) really starts. Beginning next week I get to spend 2 hours every Tuesday for the next 6 weeks practicing with soloists. I need to hurry and learn 5 pieces for next week. Luckily some of them are quite short and consist of a few oddly placed chords. But some of those solo accompaniments are worse (meaning harder) than the choruses.

It's going to be fab. :/

Then at Thursday's rehearsal the choir is now jumping in to hyper-choir mode and tackling 3 new pieces every week (insert fake smile here).

I really don't mean to go on and on about this. I know it's boring to you all. I just can't stop freaking out. I mean, really, really freaking out!!! I just don't know how I'll be able to manage it.

My poor family.

My poor babies.

*Sigh*

1 comment:

SJ said...

Man, that stinks! Good luck with it all! P.S. I always enjoy reading your blog -- hang in there :)