Monday, August 30, 2010

Role Model?



This morning Curtis woke up sick. We've had a couple of sick kids for the last few days. He was the parent chosen to stay home all weekend to care for said kids, so it was inevitable that he would get it.

That meant that I had to make myself somewhat presentable to drive the girls to school. SCA-ry! The one plus was that I would be able to leave Zane and Violet home with Curtis while I did so.

When I returned I noticed that the tv was off. Zane had been happily watching channel 8 when I left, but when I looked at the clock I realized that it was the hour that Sesame Street was on. Zane hates Sesame Street. I don't know why. He just does. Every morning when it comes on he says emphatically "I don't like this show!" and switches off the tv. I myself LOVED Sesame Street as a child! Grover was my special favorite. But not Zane.

I asked Curtis why the tv was off, just to see what he had to say. "All of sudden Zane got up and turned off the tv," he said. Then Curtis said "I don't like Caillou. He is so whiny and his parents give him whatever he wants. 'Okay Caillou, I'll stop vacuuming just so I can read you that story for the fourth time because you are whining about it' ", he mimicked.

Thankyou!!! This is an opinion I've held for a looooong time. That Caillou kid is a brat! I've sometimes wondered if it's just that I'm not as nurturing of a parent as Caillou's, but I'm starting to think not.

He's just a brat.

That's all there is to it.

And his parents are enabling him.

And that grandma, too!

Another show I don't like: Sid the Science Kid. There's something creepy about his voice. Can't quite figure it out.

1 comment:

hillari said...

I'm so with you on the Caillou thing! He seriously gets whatever he wants! If he's on a plane, he gets to be the special kid to meet the pilot and get wings. They see a dog sled--the other kids are told the show is over, but then he is picked to ride around on the sled. Yeah right. I have thought that about his parents too.