Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I'm feeling slightly better.

Thankyou all for the well-wishes and support. Last night I decided that today I would quit my whining and do something productive. Then Grace woke up throwing up at 3:30 a.m. I guess my productiveness started a little sooner than I had anticipated.

After cleaning her bed, the carpet in front of the bathroom, the bathroom floor, the toilet, and giving her a bath I fell back to sleep. For about 19 minutes, because then Curtis had to get up and take a shower so he could go teach seminary. His shower in turn woke up Violet (she is still sleeping in our closet).

After nursing her back to sleep I fell back asleep. For another 19 minutes, because then it was time to get Hannah up so she'd be ready when Curtis got back, make Curtis' lunch and see them off to school/work. Grace was totally bummed out because today was her field trip to the Science Center. She has been looking forward to it for a month!!! And of course we already payed for it.

Next I had to call my mom and sister to cancel our trip to the Phx. Zoo. Actually, they still went, but I now have tickets that have been paid for that I'll need to use. Anyone want to go to the zoo with me?

After falling asleep again for a while I got up and decided enough was enough! I was going to do something bygolly! So I made strawberry freezer jam. Zane helped me by slicing the strawberries with this little egg slicer thingymajig (totally kid-safe. I promise! Although, around here you never know!).

Then we made a double batch of banana bread. Zane helped by using the masher to mash the bananas.

It was just what I needed. It kept my mind off of Grace and her retching all morning.

And I feel like I have a good reason that my house was not cleaned today, once again (surprise, surprise!).

Then my sweet friend Dawn dropped by, saw me before my shower and still didn't run away! True friend! She brought me a card making book that she found at Ross. Double True Friend. Guess who's getting a packet of homemade cards for her birthday in 2 weeks?

All in all, it was a good morning. Excpet the throwing up. Could have done without that.

Now I think I'll go have a piece of banana bread!

1 comment:

Bob and Danya said...

Ugh! What is this sickness going around? I don't think we shoudl have to deal with any kind of barfing, ever! Well, I hope you are all well now! I'm jealous of youmaking freezer jam. That's Yummy!!!