
Are you ever disappointed by the way you spent your weekend? Weekends go by way too fast these days! Do you wonder to yourself "Did I accomplish enough?" How about "Did I do the things that I wanted to do?" If you are like me you might say "Did I get (insert husband's name here) to do all the things I wanted him to do?"
Curtis is the king of evading household chores. Mind you, he's a very hard-worker, I'm not saying he isn't. It's just that when it comes to doing stuff around the house, the things that are important to me or most decidedly not important to him. He likes to accuse me of "making-up chores".
For example: The garage is so full that there is only 9 inches of space around the car to walk in. And that's only one car. We can't fit the other one in there. If I were to suggest that we spend the morning cleaning it out he would say "Why are you making-up chores on my day off?"
Another example: I was so excited for him to be off during the 2 weeks after we had Violet. Finally something could get done! I made my (honey-do) list for weeks. When I presented the list to him, he said "I'm on vacation. I can't do work on my vacation. I need to enjoy it."
(Blank stare)
"Wow. Enjoy your vacation while I'm either giving birth or recovering from giving birth all while taking care of five other people on no sleep at all!!!" I huffed.
To be fair, on the last day of his vacation he re-caulked the bathtubs and then asked me "Is there anything else you'd like me to do before I go back to work?"
(Another blank stare)
But back to this weekend. We had a great weekend! The answer to my questions above have a decided "yes" to answer them. I accomplished alot. And I did the things that I wanted to do. And, miracle of miracles, I got Curtis to do the things I wanted him to do. We went on our date to Dramagenics Comedy Club.
We cleaned the house Saturday morning. Curtis mowed the lawn (which took a little conniving and guilt-tripping on my part---but hey! It got done). I got ALL the laundry done in one day! I even went grocery shopping. Then in the evening we got the front yard work done. Actually, I had done quite alot on Thursday and Friday morning. I just needed to finish it up. While our children rode their bikes up and down the street and Curtis sat in a camping chair holding Violet, I finished trimming a few ground covers and pulled a few weeds.
Curtis at one point said "You realize you're making me look bad."
"Either that or you're making me look good," I said with a smile.
Really, it was a good weekend.

I wish I could sleep through things the way this baby does.
And why doesn't she sleep this well at night?
3 comments:
AAARRGH! MEN! That's all i can say. Thank goodness we have our girlfriends who totally get it! If I had no one else to relate to on this subject I'd probably end up in an insane asylum for harming my husband!:)
That was from me...obviously not my husband!
Bridget
I was starting to wonder...
Post a Comment