
I can't believe June is over with and we're already almost done with the first week of July. I feel like I'm in some sort of time warp these days, and I don't like it, because it means my birthdays seem to come around faster. Sure I like all the gifts and hullabaloo, but the getting older part stinks! Majorly!!!
About a week and a half ago I had a birthday. No, I'm not going to announce my age. Even my own children aren't really sure how old I am. Someone recently made a keen observation about people who lie about their age:
If you lie that you are younger than you are, then people are going to think: "Man, she looks really OLD for her age!!!"
What one should do is say that you are older than you actually are, because then people will think: "Wow, she looks great for her age!!!"
In that case, I'm 95! Either way, I'm getting older. My bones hurt, my memory's shot, and the time between hair-colorings is shrinking. Hooray for birthdays. They are great. Not.
I really had a fabulous birthday weekend, despite the geriatrics. My friends treated me to a wonderful birthday brunch on Friday, Curtis and the kids took me out that night, then on Saturday Curtis and I went to the temple and then out to dinner alone. On Sunday I had left-overs from Red Lobster for lunch, my family made me dinner and showered me with gifts, and the best part: I didn't have to change any diapers!!! It was fabulous!!!
Here's me with my loot:
a new printer/scanner/copier (now I can start "Flashback Friday's" again),
a bucket of treats and soda, plus $1 for Red Box, for a movie night,
a portrait of me opening my gifts (hand-drawn by Grace),
the "Tron: Remixed" CD (LOVE!LOVE!LOVE!),
a paper cake with what appears to be ALOT of candles on it (the kids only put 20 on it. They said it was because they didn't want to use all the tape. HAHA!!! Very Funny!),
and lots of hand-made cards and pictures, though I was a little disappointed that none of them had any dead guys in the desert in them.

My cake (seen at top) was special. It featured a horse (my favorite animal) and some trees (I think). It was a lemon cake with lemon frosting (a childhood fave). What love my family bestows upon me.
It was a great weekend, aside from the getting older part.
Now to switch gears: Several months ago we decided that since we weren't going to be camping in San Diego this summer, we needed something super fun to do around here. So, we bought season passes to Wet 'N Wild, and that has been the best investment. It was a little chunk of change, but totally worth it. If you haven't gone yet, you need to go right now!
If you are thinking it is like going to Big Surf or Sunsplash, it's not. If you went when it was still Waterworld then you are in for a big treat. It is so much better than it used to be. More slides, more shade, more fun!!!

Anyways, the season passes are great. What's even better is that all summer long they have "Bring a Friend for $10" days. That's a savings of $25!!! Per person!!! There are 2 levels of passes. We bought the regular ones. In addition to being able to bring friends for $10, we get a discount in the cafe. It's not much, but when you have a family of 7, it adds up.
Next time we buy passes I think I'll spring for the Gold Season Pass, at least for myself, because with that you get free parking (this year it's $7 each time you go). I think you get more of a discount in the cafe, too. And maybe some other perks, too. I'm not totally sure.
A few weeks ago we went as a family. It was a blast. Then I told the girls that I would let them each bring a few friends on one of the "friend" days. Last week it was Grace's turn. She brought her cousin Meg and her friend Darian. Those girls had so much fun. I also, brought Zane with me. He and I buddied around all day. I was so proud of him going on some of the big slides. We also shared a snow cone, "Banana, Pineapple, Pina Colada". It was great to have some one-on-one time with him.

Next week we are going to go as a family again, and we might go one of these Fridays to the "Dive-In Movie". I am also going to be taking Hallie and Hannah with their friends in a few weeks.
My recommendation: Get a season pass next year. Buy it in March when they are still under $50. If you go at least twice, it'll be worth it.
P.S. Right now Wet 'N Wild is running a deal where if you go once and pay regular price ($35 & $27) you get to go again this summer for free.
You. Should. Go.
1 comment:
I am sad that I missed your birthday. I am lousy friend. :( I was so wrapped up in our two weeks of birthday torture, that I did nothing but plan and prepare for birthday parties. It was hideous. Anyway, Happy Birthday, my friend! We should go see a movie to celebrate late.
Post a Comment