Where in the heck have I been for the past two weeks!!! I haven't posted, surfed, facebooked, or anything! What a loser.
As you can see, I am still alive.
I was so proud of myself for getting almost all of my shopping done early.
"I have most of my shopping done and now I have 3 whole weeks to do crafts and bake," I announced to Curtis a week and a half ago.
"Good," he said distractedly, as he checked emails on his blackberry (a nightly ritual).
I probably could have said anything ("I'm thinking of joining the Peace Corps", or "I accidentally dyed all your underwear pink"), and he would have still said "Good".
Anyways, I had a great idea (in theory, anyways). Instead of making treats for my visiting teaching ladies I decided to give them each a little bundle of blank cards. You know--the homemade kind. I got so excited that I started last Monday and didn't finish until Thursday, and even then I had to force myself to stop. I made 120 cards! I kept thinking of more ideas and people to give cards to.
It was so fun, but in the meantime I neglected everything! And I do mean everything! Clothes and dishes didn't get washed, dinners didn't get made ("Cereal, anyone?"), junk mail began to pile up. I hope the gas doesn't get shut off because I think I forgot that, too.
At least I have cards to give people.
But I only have a few days to make Grace's Christmas dress before she is off of school. Drat! I should have done that first.
Is it cold to anyone in here but me?
6 comments:
I have had those kind of crafting days myself. And we're leaving on Friday, and I still have to make skirts for Finley and Sareny, among other sewing projects I should finish for Christmas. Those cards were a good idea...too bad you didn't start them in September! And what the what? Curtis has a blackberry?? I've been wishing I could afford such an item, and the astronomical cost each month associated with it! Show some pics of Grace's dress when you finish it! And the cards too!
don't let anyone tell you that cereal isn't a real option for dinner! here it's 3 nights a week, and hey better than fast food! and hey can i hire you to craft for me please :)
I want some cards, or you as my visiting teacher!!! Oh, and how do you have 120 ideas for cards! YOu are sooo talented!
I meant to tell you yesterday that your girl's dresses were beautiful!
Um, what can't you do? You seriously are so talented.
Music- check
dance- check
crafting- check
creative beyond belief- check
writing abilities- check
great sense of humor- check
and the list goes on and on....
Bridge- I'm so sorry that I accidentally published your email here. Please nobody send her junk email!!! I'll try to figure out how to take it off.
And Jen- your treats were so yummy as always! But I have to take issue with one of the items that you listed as one one of my "ablilities". DANCE. I am no dancer. In fact I liken my dancing to Elaine's "full-body dry-heave" on Seinfeld. GRODY!
And Misty- bless your heart--I didn't make 120 different cards.
I made 10-12 of eleven different designs. I wish I was your V.T. too. Why don't you move over here?
Post a Comment