I seriously need some picture-taking classes. Here I take the time to shoot a few pics of my sweeties yet the pictures don't do the subjects any justice. Here is Grace, looking all sweet and ready to go on her first day of fourth grade, and her face is in the dark.
Here she is with her cute daddy/principal, and it's dark too! Okay, to be honest, I was in my bathrobe and wasn't going to wander any farther from the front door than I had to. I didn't want the neighbors to wonder when Curtis' "grandma" had moved in.
These were taken a full week before. Here are Hallie and Hannah, and it's a little less dark here, but not much. Again, I was in my bathrobe, with my crazy hair and mascara under my eyes. I wasn't going to give a fright-night peep-show to nobody, nohow! Who cares that it was Hannah's first day of high school. Big whoop.
Here I was going for a trendy angled shot, but cut off the top(side) of Hannah's head and a shoe.
I need an intervention.
I did the same thing to Hallie. Why do I always angle that darn camera?
I remember looking at pictures in my grandma's old photo album when was a kid. They were all yellow and 60/70-ish and everybody had their heads cut off in them. In those archaic days you had to load the film in your camera, cross your fingers while taking pictures and then get them developed, hoping that they "turned out".
They rarely did. And we would laugh and tease grandma that she had some weird looking parents and grandparents, since they appeared to have no heads!
I really have no excuses With a digital camera you can take, and retake, as many times as your models will let you, till you get it right.
Yet I still have trouble.
Oh well. Here's another year of "First Day of School" photos gone bad. It's bound to happen that I'll be teased someday by a bunch of little mini versions of my kids.
What goes around, comes around, I guess.
3 comments:
Curtis is the school principal now? awesome, tell him congrats :)
Love these! I can't believe you have 2 in high school!! Amazing how fast time is flying!! And just so you know....professional photographers actually tell you NOT to always center your topic in the middle of the photo...You can cut out some head!! I like the shots you took....seeee...you are already on your way to being an expert photographer....just sayin!! ;)When you find the time for a class...let me know...I will go with you! My camera just died...I need a new one ASAP, but my sister, who has an amazing one, reminded me I have no time to learn a better camera and need to stick to what I know for now...oneday...I can dream right?? ;)
I think they look great. And I love your description of yourself--describes me to a tee most days! Your girls are getting so grown up! And I can't believe how much Grace looks like Hannah!
Post a Comment