Friday, November 5, 2010

Gettin' it done!

I can't believe how much candy is still lurking around these here parts, for Pete's sake!!!

Anyways, that is not the subject of this post.

I am going to now take the time to thank those who made it possible for me to be the pianist for "The Messiah".

I know, I know--what happened to the 'woe-is-me-I-have-to-practice-ALL-THE-TIME-my-life-stinks' attitude?

I decided a few weeks ago to turn over a new leaf and only complain a little bit, instead of the truckloads I was doing. I allow myself the occasional self-pity, but for the most part my attitude has vastly improved. I do have to practice an insane amount of time every week. It's really like a part-time job right now, but I'll survive.

I guess.

The one major benefit that I am seeing, besides the massive forearms I am currently developing from playing super fast octaves in the left hand coupled with staggering 16th note patterns with my right, is that I am getting so many projects done around the house. With this insanely complicated music running through my brain at all times, I needed a diversion, a way to turn it off, and I have found it, my friends.

PROJECTS!!! YAY!!!

I am currently the owner of the most glorious fabric that ever was used for window treatments. I picked it up at JoAnn's for $7 a yard. Not long ago it seemed an impossible dream, but I am finally going to finish the windows in my family room.

The lovely Dawn T. labeled it "breathtaking". Breathtaking, indeed.

I also have fabric for drapes for my boudoir, also luscious.

And I have a smokin' idea for throw pillows that I want done yesterday. But it involves creating a template and some handy needlework. That might take a little time.

But it will be done.

That, and oh so much more!

It's the only way to stop the voices (and piano) in my head.

I have a feeling that "Wednesdays are going to be pretty exciting around here for a while. Well, at least until December 19th.

1 comment:

hillari said...

oooh, I can't wait to see these lovelies! sounds awesome.